Instead of asking what if... ask why not?

Thursday 7 October 2010

6th October. Pigment.

Ok. So if yesterday wasnt out there enough for me, we were told to bring in for today a range of items to make different pigment. .. Crazy. So when i went home yesterday and said 'Mum i need to use household things to make paints & pigments.' The response i got was.. 'Whats wrong with using bloody paint?' And to be honest i couldn't answer i simply shrugged.


Nether the less, I came to uni with an open mind and my bag of tools; Toothpaste, hair dye, brown sauce, teabags, coffee, lippy, foundation, toilet cleaner bubble bath, bath salts soil.. ect ect...
We were then asked to create a palette if you like of different tonal ranges, textures, colour... which I can tell you wasn't easy. But i got there in the end. 


palette

waste of lippy.

palette
 

We were then asked to use our colour creations to produce enlargements of our 'Homepage on location brief.' 

eye shadow, tea, coffee bleach  


Bleach, toothpaste, glitter, eyeshadow


I came home today with a smile on my face and simply said to my Mum. I'll tell you what wrong with just using paint. There is a box, if you stay inside of it you will aways be safe, but you will never do or experience anything different. To get out of the box is a hard thing to do. But once you do it, you will see things you never would have thought could even happen inside that little box of yours.. . .  


Needless to say. I didn't get any tea tonight.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment