Instead of asking what if... ask why not?

Monday 11 October 2010

Moving Image.

I went into uni today with all the appropriate drawing equipment and decided i still didn't have enough.. its funny how you always envy the person who thought to bring in that piece of wire wool to create texture and emotion isn't it. But overall i was content with what i had to hand.
We were asked to watch and draw the moving images that were shown on screen. I really really liked this idea, it allowed me to incorporate my growing passion for illustration seen as the drawings were to be done at a rather fast pace it didn't leave time to neaten or perfect what the drawing was.
To create movement in an image is never easy you have to have flow, consistency and the ability to stretch your imagination that little more than if the image is still. 
However what i liked the most about this is how i can apply the techniques that i have played with today to everyday life. I have now given myself the skill to sit and watch and recreate at speed. Because after all how boring would it be if everything stayed still.. 





13 final Sketches

No comments:

Post a Comment